Dwayne Johnson says White House bid ‘off the table’

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson isn’t planning to run for president anymore. He has said he is “taking it off the table.”

In a clip from “CBS Sunday Morning” that was released Friday as a sneak peek, Johnson said, “I’ll say this because there has to be a B side to this.”

“Everyone in our country is loved by me.” “I also love being a dad,” the former wrestler-turned-actor and father of three told Tracy Smith of CBS.

Johnson, who is 50, said, “Even more so now, at this important time in their lives.” “Because I know what it’s like to be on the road and so busy that I was gone for many years while my first daughter was growing up at this important age and at this important time in her life.”

Johnson has been talking for a long time about running for president. In 2017, he said it was a “real possibility,” and he didn’t say he wouldn’t run for office until last year.

In an interview with USA Today last year, he said, “If the people want me to, I might run for president in the future.” 
Johnson, who is a registered independent, spoke at the Republican National Convention in 2000 but supported Joe Biden for president in the race for the White House in 2020.

But the star of “Jungle Cruise” said that he is now focused on his family, even though he had thought about running for president.

READ MORE ARTICLES:

  1. Kanye West says being called ‘crazy’ ‘hurts’ him.
  2. A Texas Mom Warns ‘Hocus Pocus 2’ Will ‘Unleash Hell On Kids
  3. Prince Harry ‘wild lad died’ when he met Meghan Markle
  4. King Charles, blames his secretary for his televised infidelity.
  5. Mila Kunis was shocked by Will Smith’s standing ovation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *